May 05, 2013

A new time...a new Country

So, we moved to Germany 3 days ago!  After months of preparation we are finally here!
Therefore I'm revamping my blog a bit.  I'll still include DIY items, recipes, and tips, etc.  but I'm also going to be including things to do here in Germany.  In my research I found a lack of information and tips for things around our area to do, especially with kids.  A lot of stuff is 'word of mouth' so I thought I would provide some things written down as we are living here for the next 4 years:)
Our biggest thing is adjusting to the time difference.  We previously had to do this when we lived in Japan but that was without kids. 
We are 6 hours ahead of eastern stateside time.  My biggest tip to adjusting to a new time zone is to keep your kids on schedule.  Wake them up at their normal time, or as close to it as you can.  keep the same sleep, nap, feeding, and activity schedule.  Get out during the day and get as much sun and vitamin D as you can to try to reset your body's system. 

 
We have been very blessed with a great spot to stay on our military installation, while we find a place to live, that is surrounded by parks.  the kids and I are in absolute heaven!
 
 
 Getting some sun and exercise has really helped with the kids adjusting to Germany.  They are still waking up around midnight and staying awake until about 3 a.m. but I still make them stay in bed during that time and try to sleep.  Each night their awake time is getting shorter. 
My best advice is to be consistent and things will fall into place after a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...